AMC Internship Opportunities
The State of Arizona Office of the Governor, Arizona-Mexico Commission (AMC) seeks a highly motivated self-starter looking for international internship experience in the public, private and nonprofit sectors.
Gain valuable experience by:
- Assisting the AMC staff with day-to-day operations and events
- Assisting with content creation and updating of the AMC’s website
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the AMC’s presence in social media
- Assisting with the creation of content and overall development of the Catalyst, the AMC’s semi-annual publication
- Helping with the marketing of the AMC to businesses and individuals throughout Arizona
- Assisting with the planning of events and meetings for the AMC and the Office of the Governor
- Developing a marketing plan to increase student membership from Arizona’s public universities
- Drafting correspondence on behalf of the AMC to local and foreign officials
- Helping public and private leaders in Arizona successfully execute binational projects and initiatives
- Four-year university student in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree or recent graduate
- Availability to work 15-20 hours per week
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and willingness to work additional hours when necessary
- Professional demeanor and appearance (business attire) – ability to work with high profile individuals
- Ability to undertake occasional in-state and possible international travel
- Fluency in Spanish and translating skills (preferred, but not required)
- Self-starter with minimum supervision
- Preferred majors include: Communication, Journalism, Political Science, International Relations/Global Studies, Non-Profit Management, Marketing (other majors will be considered who demonstrate significant professional/leadership experience)
Internships are unpaid. Compensation includes academic credit.
How to Apply
Please complete the form and submit your cover letter and resume by uploading them below.
If you have any questions, please call 602-542-1287.